WIN A TRIP
With BEACH TRAVELLERS to Costa Rica.
Contest ends this Friday (August 31) and a winner we be crowned. Last chance to get your entry in or vote for your favourite.
Canada presents: WIN A TRIP with
to Costa Rica.
One photo. No words. Best story wins.
Admit it. It drives you nuts when people come home from a trip and try to show you a 200-photo slideshow of all the landmarks they stood in front of, while they narrate with those you-had-to-be-there kind of details. It’s boring. Now’s your chance to do a GOOD trip recap with one photo…no words. We don’t care if you were sneaking a shot of the army in North Korea or taking a photo of someone’s purse dog in the West Edmonton Mall. The single photo that tells the best travel story without using words will win a free trip to Costa Rica with Beach Travellers.
How do you win? It`s easy...
"Like" these three pages on Facebook:PacificoCanadaBeachTravellersLATERmag
And enter your photo on the Contest Page, here:Win A Trip!
There are also weekly prizes from MyPackage
The winner will be selected by our panel of expert judges on September 3, 2012.
Here`s the fine print:
No purchase necessary. Contest ends at 11:59 pm (ET) on August 31st, 2012. Open to all individuals that have reached the legal drinking age in their province of residence at the time of entering and reside in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut or Yukon. One (1) prize available to be won, having a total approx retail value of CAD$2000.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received during the Contest period. Selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a skill-testing question.
Pacifico presents: Win a Trip with LATER. mag and Beach Travellers
From June 15 to August 31, 2012?Contest Rules
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The “Pacifico presents the Win a Trip with LATER. mag and Beach Travellers” Contest (the “Contest”) is run by LATER. magazine (the “Administrator”) and will take place in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon, Nunavut and Northwest Territories from June 14, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. (ET) to August 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Contest Period”).
2. CONTEST GROUP
For the purposes of the Contest, the “Contest Group” is composed of the Administrator, Modelo-Molson Imports LP (“MMI”), and Beach Travellers, together with franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity to the benefit of which this Contest is held, as well as their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives.
This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, managed or associated with Facebook. The entrant provides personal information to the Administrator, not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any question, comment or complaint concerning this Contest must be sent to the Administrator and not to Facebook.
3. ELIGIBILITY?The Contest is open to all individuals who:
1. (a) reside in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon, Nunavut or Northwest Territories and
2. (b) have reached the legal drinking age in their province of residence as of the date of entering the Contest.
Employees of the Contest Group, as well as any person with whom such employees reside, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. METHODS OF ENTRY
4.1. To enter the contest you must (i) visit the Contest Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/beachtravellers (ii) like the LATER. mag, Beach Travellers and Pacifico Canada page(s) by clicking on “Like” (iii) click on “Contest” in the left menu and (iv) fill out the entry form. You will then obtain one entry (“Entry”). Limit of one (1) Entry during the Contest Period. Entrants should use only one (1) e-mail address to enter the Contest.
2. 4.2. Although online access and an e-mail account are required in order to participate, no purchase is required in order to enter the Contest. Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
3. 4.3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Email entry: You may enter the Contest without purchase by sending an email, along with your full name (including middle initial), age, gender, address (including postal code) and daytime telephone number (including area code) to “email@example.com”. To be eligible for the Contest, emailed entries must be received by no later than the end of the Contest Period. Emailed entries are subject to the same entry conditions, eligibility requirements and other terms and conditions applicable to other entries.
1. 5.1. Grand Prize: There is a total of one (1) grand prize available to be won. The grand prize consists of: One (1) trip to Costa Rica. Prize value: $2000
Specifically, the Grand Prize includes: (i) one (1) round trip economy class airline ticket departing from the closest major international airport to the winner’s residence as determined by Administrator and onward to Costa Rica (connecting flights may be required either through the United States or Canada) for the winner (the “Trip”) (ii) session for one with Beach Travellers Surf Camp.
Any costs or expenses associated with the Grand Prize not outlined as included above, including but not limited to transportation to and from winner’s residence and the designated airport, taxes, travel and/or medical insurance, airport improvement fees, drinks, meals, and gratuities, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner must travel together on the same itinerary departing from the same designated airport on the times and dates required or the Grand Prize will be forfeited. All travel arrangements and accommodations must be booked through Administrator or its agent. Once itinerary has been finalized between winner and Administrator no changes can be made unless approved by Administrator. Winner will be required to follow all directions of Administrator and/or the Event organizers failure to do so may result in termination of their participation, or continued participation, in the Grand Prize and/or Event. Approximate value of the Grand Prize is $2,000.00 CAD. Actual value will depend on location of winner’s residence. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual and stated value, if any.
It is the sole responsibility of the winner to obtain all required travel documents including a valid passport (or visa, if applicable). In order to participate in this Grand Prize, winner’s guest must be of legal drinking age in their province of residence and both winner and guest must not have any legal restrictions which would prevent them from traveling or otherwise participate in the Trip. Administrator will not be held responsible in the event that the winner and/or his/her respective guest are denied entry into the destination country or while connecting through the United States (if applicable) or re-entry to Canada. In such an event, the winner will be solely responsible for any and all costs incurred, and the Grand Prize will be forfeited.
On September 3rd, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. (ET) in Toronto in the province of Ontario, at the offices of the Administrator, one (1) entry will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
7. ODDS OF WINNING?The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received during the Contest
8. AWARDING OF PRIZE(S)
1. 8.1. To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must, in addition to meeting the Contest
eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with the Contest Rules, first:
1. (a) Be reached by email by the Administrator or its representatives within two (2) days immediately following the selection of the Entry
2. (b) Have correctly answered a mathematical skill-testing question upon entry and
3. (c) For the grand prize, sign and have witnessed the declaration and release documentation and return it to the address indicated in the documentation within three (3) days following its delivery by the Administrator or its representatives.
2. 8.2. Disqualification: If any one of the conditions mentioned above is not met, the selected entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive any prize, and the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select another eligible entrant as a potential prize winner.
3. 8.3. Delivery of Prize(s): Following receipt of the selected entrant’s signed declaration and release documentation (for the grand prize) or following confirmation of the winner’s eligibility (for the secondary prizes), the Administrator or its representatives will send to the winner an email informing him or her of the method by which he or she may take possession of the prize(s).
9. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. 9.1. Verification of Entries: The validity of any Entry is subject to verification by the Administrator. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be disqualified. Any entrant or other individual who enters or attempts to enter the Contest in a manner that is contrary to these Contest Rules or that is otherwise disruptive to the proper operation of the Contest or by its nature is unjust to other entrants or potential entrants will be disqualified. All decisions made by the Administrator or its representatives, including without limitation those concerning the eligibility or disqualification of entrants, are final and binding without right of appeal. All entries become the property of the Administrator and none will be returned.
2. 9.2. Acceptance of Prizes: All prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and cannot be returned, transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money, except as set out in Rule 9.3.
3. 9.3. Substitution of Prizes: The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute for any prize, or part thereof, another prize of equivalent or greater value, including, without limitation, a cash award.
4. 9.4. Number of Prizes/Winners: By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that the Administrator shall not be required under any circumstances to award more prizes than the number of available prizes, as set out in these Contest Rules. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, as a result of an error, malfunction or defect in the design, advertising, management, implementation or administration of the Contest, whether mechanical, electronic, human or otherwise) the number of declared winners or the number of prizes claimed by entrants is greater than the number of prizes available, the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to end the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, and to award the correct number of prizes among the correct number of winners, selected in accordance with these Contest Rules from among those eligible entries validly submitted prior to the termination of the Contest.
5. 9.5. Other Changes to Contest Rules: Without limiting the provisions of Rule 9.4 above, the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause or circumstance, including, without limitation, any virus, computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the control of the Administrator, that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Contest.
9.6. Release and Exclusion of Liability by the Entrants: By entering or attempting to enter the Contest, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees (i) to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the Contest Group and their shareholders from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest Rules and acceptance and use of the prize and (ii) if selected as a potential winner, to sign the declaration and release documentation (see Rule 8.1) in this regard before receiving his/her prize. The Contest Group and their shareholders will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries or for any failure of the Contest website, if applicable, during the Contest Period, or for any technical malfunction or other problems with, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software or for any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing, and will not be liable for any resulting death, injury or damage to any person or property arising from, or relating to, that person’s or any other person’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Administrator reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. 9.7. Name/Image of Winners: By entering the Contest, each winner authorizes the Administrator and its advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees or other representatives to broadcast, publish and otherwise use his or her name, photograph, image, statements regarding the Contest or any prize, place of residence and (or) voice for publicity purposes, without any form of remuneration.
9.8. Personal Information: Unless the entrant has otherwise authorized the Administrator or another entity related to the Contest to contact him or her, the personal information gathered about entrants in connection with this Contest will be used solely for the administration of the Contest and is subject to LATER. mag’s privacy policies (available at www.latermag.com/privacy), and no communication unrelated to the Contest, commercial or otherwise, will be sent to the entrant by the Administrator.
9.9. Identity of the Entrant: For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person who is the holder of the email account submitted in the entry form or, in the case of emailed entries, the person whose name is submitted as the entrant. It is to this individual that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared as the winner.
9.10 MMI: Participants in the Contest acknowledge that MMI’s only involvement with this Contest is as a sponsor and MMI shall have no responsibility or liability with respect to the administration of the Contest or the fulfilment and/or awarding of the Prize.